6.02.2011

I do Recall a Song that Spoke

I do recall a song that spoke

of hair such as yours in a flowing cascade.

In a rhyme it demands then your eyes to evoke.

I cannot recall if they’re blue or they’re jade.

for whoever will have you envy was made.

In the evening the cold then an image paints

your body so wrapped in the arms of a blanket.

I could never conform to a brothers restraints.

nor a monk who still prays to the image of saints

as he dreams of a sanctity seen from afar

for a woman you are

You, are only, glad, when you’re quiet and lonely.

And to listen to songs of the far of the near,

so I fear,

when I stare at you quietly sitting alone I may find

that everything else escapes from my mind.

Residing, my sole, in your delicate mind.

And so trapped then from me it is later departing.

As my body and I just leave it behind.

In my dreams I am spread as a rug to your feet.

Just to have you please tread on a radiant heat.

So on evening recall in a blanket to wrap

Soon you’ll find our eyes will meet.

I do recall a song that spoke

such words only whispered when two are alone.

And till dawn it demands your ears to invoke,

it awoke.

I do recall a song that spoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment